Out of stock
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Single-board computer with wireless LAN and Bluetooth connectivity
The Raspberry Pi just got juicer! Now with a Quad-Core 64bit CPU, WiFi & Bluetooth!
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the third generation Raspberry Pi. This powerful credit-card sized single board computer can be used for many applications and supersedes the original Raspberry Pi Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.
Whilst maintaining the popular board format the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B brings you a more powerful processor, 10x faster than the first generation Raspberry Pi.
Additionally it adds wireless LAN & Bluetooth connectivity making it the ideal solution for powerful connected designs.
Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B Features
- Now 10x Faster - Broadcom BCM2387 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 1.2GHz!
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Interne
You'll need (not included):
- Micro SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed
- Micro USB power supply (2.1 A)
And to use it as a desktop computer, you'll need:
- TV or monitor and HDMI cable
- Keyboard and mouse
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the earliest model of the third-generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced Raspberry Pi 2 Model B in February 2016. See also Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 100 Base Ethernet
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi Imager is the quick and easy way to install Raspberry Pi OS and other operating systems to a microSD card, ready to use with your Raspberry Pi.
Find help with installing Raspberry Pi OS on your Pi in our online Getting started guide.
You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspberry Pi OS, find more detail about Raspberry Pi OS, or read information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B will remain in production until at least January 2026